Flying to Dublin

Flying to Dublin

Author
Posted Thu 16 Dec 2021 6:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 17 Dec 2021 3:26 PM Visits: 330
Hi!
Me and my friend are traveling to Dublin this Saturday and we have a question. If we get this antigen test before the flight to Ireland, does the certification has to have QR -code or is any kind of certification valid?

Best regards, Riikka and Laura
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 17 Dec 2021 10:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)Community Expert (4.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 20
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 11.1K
Hello Rikka and welcome to our forum!

We're happy to hear that you'll be visiting Dublin soon!

As you can read on the gov.ie website, only Rapid Antigen Tests which are listed on the common EU Rapid Antigen Test list will be accepted, and it must be carried out by a health professional or skilled testing personnel.

When you do an antigen test, you'll get a certification with a QR code to show when requested by the airline or by the authorities, so yes, the document must contain a QR code to be valid.

You can find more information about the Digital COVID Certificate and how to get it on this page.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day and enjoy your stay in Dublin! 

Valentina