Can animals go on the train?

Can animals go on the train?

Author
Posted Wed 29 Dec 2021 12:03 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 28 Dec 2021 11:59 PM Visits: 1
Good evening in early January I will have to take bus / train from Dublin to Galway ...
I saw however that the buses that are already at the airport do not accept dogs ..., could you tell me if at all?
Precisely for this reason I was seeing the alternative of the train ...
But I wanted to confirm that at least they could get on the trains.
Thank you
Sofia
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Dec 2021 9:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:14 PM Visits: 13.9K
Ciao Sofia! 

I'm so glad you're coming to Ireland with your furry friend!

When it comes to bring the dog on the bus, I confirm that only guide dogs and assistance dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel. Whereas, as stated in this article, small dogs can be carried on trains free of charge provided they travel on the owners lap.

Also, I'd like to recommend that you read this thread about travelling with dogs, and you may find other useful information about bringing your dog to Ireland on our page. If you need further information, you can always reach out directly to the company you want to travel with, so that they can assist with planning carefully your trip.

If you have any other questions or tips to ask, please feel free to reply in Italian. ;)