Fishing in Ireland

Fishing in Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 12:21 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Jan 2022 12:26 PM Visits: 4
Hi there :)

My boyfriend and two of his friends are planning a fishing holiday week at the end of August 2022 (from the 20th to the 28th August). I am very glad to help them :)

I am looking here for the best places to go to to in order to fish : 
- Pike, perch, etc. (in a Loch/Lake and/or in a river)
- Salmon and sea trout in the sea (they would like to have someone accompanying them on 2 days, ideally)

Would they need a boat ? Or would it be possible to rent a boat without license in those places ? 

Also, they would need to rent some fishing material.. any idea of where this would be possible ? 

Finally, do you maybe know some accomodation which would be suitable for their wishes : if possible a small house with a kitchen/kitchenette in order to cook, not too far from the above places (less than 30min each ways ideal) ? 

Thank you in advance to everyone helping us ! :)
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 12:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 6 Mar 2024 1:16 PM Visits: 9.4K
Hello Karine, 

Thanks for your message and great to see that you are helping your boyfriend and his friends to organise this very special trip. 🎣

There are indeed many great spots for fishing on the island of Ireland. Are they set on a specific region/part of the island or would they plan their itinerary entirely around where they can find the best spots?

The Fishing Ireland page is a fantastic place to get started with your planning, and you will find recommendations based on level of experience, or what type of fishing they are interested in. They could hire a fishing charter boat or try their luck at one of the stocked lakes. Either of these options will have gear rental available, of course, and can also help with the type of licenses that are required.

With regards to the accommodation, they might want to look at some of the self-catering options. On the bottom of this page that I have shared with you there is a map where you can find different types of accommodation. 🛏️

I hope that these ideas are a helpful starting point to lead your research in the right direction. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend,
Sarah