Accommodation

Accommodation

Author
Posted Wed 19 Jan 2022 1:31 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 30 Jan 2022 4:55 PM Visits: 701
Hello,
We are a retired couple and we will to spend few days in Dublin in the beginning of July (2 to 6) with one of our grandchildren for his birthday. So we are looking for 2 interconnecting rooms to feel more comfortable in an hotel or 'bed and breakfast'.
It is really difficult to find that and in 2 hotels we find that but not for our budget.
Could someone help us ?
Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Jan 2022 11:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:44 AM Visits: 621
Hello Jacques!

Thank you for contacting us. 😊
We are very happy that you can see your grandson on his birthday in Dublin!

First of all you can check if our Accommodations page can help you.
It simplifies your search specially by type of structure.

After that, if the budget is a second important factor in addition to the type of room, I would advise you to take a look at what are the selections of the main booking platforms.

There are interesting choices in Trip Advidor's section dedicated to Dublin Hotels with adjoining rooms, as well as on Expedia.
Even through Booking.com you can do a targeted search only for family hotels or with interconnected rooms.

Fortunately, between now and July there is time to organize everything in the best way possible and to find available rooms in most of the structures.

Meticulous research and a little patience will give their results.
Obviously for any other help we are always here! 🤗

We can't wait to have you on the Emerald Isle.
See you soon! ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Jan 2022 2:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)
Hello

Thank you for your answer.
The most important is to find 2 interconnecting rooms. I already spend hours and hours to check and to ask many hotels but it's too long.
Nowhere it is possible to select an hotel on this criteria. It is for that I wrote this message in case anyone knows a hotel or Bed & breakfast like that.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Jan 2022 4:16 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Jacques,

Further to the information provided by Eliza, I would simply recommend Googling 'interconnecting hotel rooms dublin' where you'll find lots of hotels that offer interconnecting rooms and have dedicated pages to book them through.
All of these pages have specific information on family and interconnecting rooms. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Eoin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Jan 2022 12:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hello Eoin,

Thank you for these details. I will ask these hotels.

See you a day...
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Jan 2022 3:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Jacques,

It's wonderful to hear that you're planning this trip to our shores! 

I see our community has already provided some wonderful resources to different accommodations in Dublin. Hopefully, you'll find your perfect home away from home! 

In the meantime, I'd love to help you plan out your itinerary to make this trip just as special as possible. Could you tell us a bit about your grandson and a few of his interests? Our community may just be able to point you towards the perfect spots to make this birthday unforgettable.

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 Jan 2022 1:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hello,

The most important for our grandson is, if it could be possible, to watch a rugby match because he plays rugby for 3 years. At least we will visit Croke park, and why not a hurling match ?

Have a nice day
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 Jan 2022 11:38 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hi Jacques,

Watching a rugby or hurling match would be fantastic! After checking some of the schedules, it doesn't seem like there will be a rugby game on the dates you're here. However, it seems like two semifinals will be played on the 2nd and 3rd of July. The venue is still to be confirmed, so we recommend you to keep checking the GAA website for more information. 

A visit to Croke Park would also be lovely! Did you know you could tour the stadium and the GAA museum? 

I hope you have a fantastic time in Ireland.

David
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Jan 2022 4:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hello David,

Thank you for this information. We will certainly reserve one of these semifinals ..
I have to solve the problem of the hotel because I asked  the ones Eion recommended to me and here is the result :
Maldron Hotel : 338€ per night
The Gibson Hotel  442€ per night
The Clarence Hotel 388€ per night
Red Cow Moran Hotel Too far from the center
Hotel 7 :  411 per night
Herbert Park Hotel: no room available
The Samuel Hotel  399 per night
Green IsleHotel Too far from the center

It is incomprehensible for me. Last year I reserved at the same date in the Ballbridge hotel for 175€ per night (breakfast included) and this year it is 350 € ??

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Jacques,

We cannot comment on any accommodations’ pricing structures, as they are out of our control.

However, whilst looking at the dates you are planning to be in Dublin, besides being the busy summer period for accommodation providers, many people will also visit Dublin that weekend due to the GAA games, which David mentioned in a previous post. These things could explain the increase in prices, which you were quoted.

Have you looked at the self-catering option? It could be another option to accommodate your need for two rooms.