September 2022 - What's open?

September 2022 - What's open?

Author
Posted Tue 25 Jan 2022 12:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 31 Jan 2022 2:33 PM Visits: 21
My wife and I are planning on visiting from USA for 12 days in September this year.  We have been trying for 3 years now but Covid has gotten the better of our travel plans.  My plan is to fly into Dublin, stay 2 nights, rent a car and travel clockwise down the coast over to Cork, up to Dingle, Aran Islands, up to Donegal and then down back to Dublin.  Grabbing B&Bs Castle hotels, etc for sleeping and getting off the beaten path to find the local pubs and a good mix of Tourist things and hidden Ireland.  

With all that said, what are the rumors and expectations of what will be open and closed still?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Jan 2022 9:39 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 25 Jan 2022 9:37 AM Visits: 1
I am also travelling to Ireland in September 2022, and would love to hear of things to do.  I would love to see some duelling pianos in an Irish Pub!! 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Jan 2022 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Corey,

It is great to hear that this will hopefully be the year for you and your wife to visit!

So far it sounds like a wonderful itinerary to start your time in Dublin, so many things to see and do, before heading on your own car trip down and around the south coast and up along the Wild Atlantic Way up to County Donegal. For some additional trip ideas, please feel free to check out our page, there is plenty to choose from including some hidden gems.

For accommodation along the way, we do recommend booking ahead to be sure of staying where you want and when. That said, it should be easy to drop in on somewhere that time of year. We have a where do you want to stay section on the accommodation page, scroll down to the section and use the filters to fine-tune your search.

September is still one of our open months with all the usual places still available to visit. Any restrictions at the time will be too difficult to predict but if we go by what has happened before, there will be very few places you could not fit in. We would suggest keeping an eye on our traveler health page for the links to the official pages on travel and guidelines.

We hope this helps and maybe some of our members and industry partners will jump in with a suggestion or two!

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 3:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 31 Jan 2022 2:33 PM Visits: 21
Martin, 

Also, what are the implications of driving through Northern Ireland?

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 3:45 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:33 PM Visits: 660
Hello Corey,

With reference to travelling through Northern Ireland from the Republic of Ireland during your time here, I would encourage you to keep an eye on the NI Direct Covid page for the latest information on travel restrictions from the US. They are subject to change in the months between now and September.

As with traveling to the Republic of Ireland, you should be sure to meet the entry criteria for Northern Ireland if you plan to visit during your time on the island. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Lori - in addition to Martin's reply above, I would encourage you to check out our Ireland's Pubs page for some information and inspiration.

Regards,
Eoin