Is this Ireland part of United Kingdom?

Author

Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 6:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 26 Jan 2022 6:00 AM Visits: 2
I'm from India and I don't know history of other countries. I want to know if the Ireland this website is dedicated to, was or is part of United Kingdom? The information on the net is confusing to me because of unfamiliarity with the region.
If I were to travel to this Ireland (which might not be part of UK) would I have to make a stop in any part of United Kingdom?
What is the cost of living like in Ireland? Are people of this Ireland very religious? What major ethnicity exist in this Ireland?

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 1:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:48 PM Visits: 25.8K
Hello,

Thank you for your post!

We provide information on the whole island of Ireland which consists of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Only Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. The Republic of Ireland is part of the European Union.

Flights to the island often include a stop-over in the EU or UK. We have some information for you here on our website where you'll also be able to check flight routes.

You may need to apply for a visa - have a look here for tips and useful links. We would advise you to contact your local Irish or Northern Irish embassy for further guidance.

You can also find details and links on current travel restrictions due to Covid-19 here.

Have a read through these websites for any further questions you may have on living in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I hope this helps! 😊

Best wishes,
Rebecca ☘️