Help me for first travel in Ireland

Help me for first travel in Ireland

Author
S V
Posted Thu 27 Jan 2022 6:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 11 Feb 2022 8:18 PM Visits: 14
Good evening
I have a recovery certificate and my friend a vaccination certificate. We want to discover everything in Ireland from 7 to 19 of April.
 What can we plan in our road trip?
Thanks for your help
With kind regards
Steff

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Jan 2022 11:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Steff,

It's wonderful to hear that you and your friend are planning a visit to our little island! 

If you need information about travelling with current restrictions, I'd recommend checking out this traveller health page to keep up to date with all the latest by following helpful links to the governments’ most recent guidelines. The situation is still evolving periodically, so I'd recommend checking back to make sure that you have the most up-to-date information possible.

Regarding your current plans, driving is a wonderful way to explore Ireland! I'd be happy to help you plan where to stop by. There are a number of helpful guides and trip ideas right on the Ireland.com website, in fact! 

Would you like to share more about what your dream trip might look like so that I can give you the best advice possible? 

I look forward to hearing more!

Warmly, 
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Feb 2022 3:46 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Oct 2023 5:04 PM Visits: 496
Dia Dhuit, Hi!
Here a lovely link on the Belgium/Holland part of the webside. With downloads (Duth or Englisch):
https://www.ireland.com/nl-be/help-and-advice/brochures/our-brochures/

How do you travel? Self drive? / Fly & Drive? / Public transport?

About Car rentals: (look & choose) www.carrentalcouncil.ie

Busses/Coaches/Train: https://getthere.ie/  -   https://railtoursireland.com/
If you don't like to self drive with (rental/own) car, You can choose to connecting 2 city trips:
From Dublin Airport Departing a lot of busses to diffrent directions over the Isle. Most of them, they driving via Dublin City (banks of the Liffey for a Pick- Up only gone or Drop-Off only @ the return. >>> No change luggage @ Dublin City.
>>> Gone or back, you need to traveling with an another Airport Service between Dublin Airport and Dublin City (Airport Coach - Fast  / Dublin Bus - slower&cheaper)

@ every big city on the Isle, you have operators with Daytrips over all Ireland from the city where you stay.
You can stay @ Dublin City for a few days.
- a few ones for the City (Startet with an Hop-on Hop-off)
- Half Daytours to Howth or Wicklow Mauntains (Dublin Bus/ PaddyWagon/...)
- Day tours (All Ireland) with the first Bus or train service and back with the last one.

Galway is a lovely City as the twin City Trip:
- Lovely City to visit
- Gateway to daytours @ The Connemara - Visit the Arran Isles - visit @ The Burren (more operators haves daytours from Galway City)
  So you need only 2 places to book. (No rush with Luggage. It's you're choise)
> @ 2019 We spends all or 7 nights @ Salthill, Galway Bay

Greetings from the Flanders Fields county, Belgium
Jan
Vollunteer Vlaanderen-Ierland FV

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Feb 2022 5:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76K
Thank you so much for jumping in with all these useful tips on getting around the island, Jan! I'm sure this will be useful to many people. 😊

Groetjes,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Feb 2022 8:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Our 2014 trip:
Day 1 spots: Landed @ 11AM on Dublin Airport (Fly & Drive)
Drive to Glencullen (Fox pub) - Powercourt Waterfall - Sally Gap - Lough Tay - Glenmacnass Waterfall - Meeting of Waters - Avoca - Arklow
Day 2 Spots: Arklow- Boleyvogue Fr Murphy Centre - Fern Castle/Memorial - Wexford Irish National Heritage Parc - Ballinesker Curracloe Beach (Save Private Ryan) - Arklow
Day 3 Spots: Arklow - Shillelagh (Fighting stick) - Rath East (Tullow Chocolat Garden) - Rathgall Stone Ford - Carlow (Brownshill Dolmen) - Kilkenny
Day 4 Spots: Kilkenny - Waterford (Reginald Tower-John Condon age 17 memorial-Medieval Museum or Bischops Palace) - Kilmogue Megalithic Tomb - Jerpont Abbey - Kilfane Garden & Waterfall - Kilkenny
Day 5 Spots: Kilkenny - Kells Priorie - Ahenry High Crosses - Carrick-On-Suir (Sean Kelly) - Dungarven (War Memorial & Castle) - Ardmore (Nora Roberts) Beach & Church+Round tower - Ballycotton
Day 6 spots: Ballycotton - Power Head - Gyleen beach - Roche's Point - Middleton (Distillery) - Cork city (Drop off Parents & my wife & after Check Inn @ the Jury's Inn, then allone with the car to the car rental @ Cork Airport & Back with the City Bus to the city.> Just a 150m walk between the Bus Eireann Bus station & the Jury's inn.
Day 7 Spots: Cork City Hop on Hop off bus (Cork Gaol)
Day 8: AM @ Cork City ; PM With Bus Eireann to Cork Airport for the return flight

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Feb 2022 9:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Our 2012 Road trip
Day 1: Landed @ Dublin Airport 11AM - fast via M50 + M7 via Port Laiose, Mountrath - drive Sieve Boom Mtns - to Birr (Demesme)
Day 2: Birr - Crinkill (Millitary Barack's & Memorial) - Silvermine Mountains (via Nenagh & Cooneen Hill) - (Tipperary) Glen of Aherlow - Moor Abbey - Midleton via Fermoy - Ballycotton
Day 3: Ballycotton - Cobh (Remembrance day @ Memorial Cunard Lusitania > Cunard Line Queen Victoria was berth) + meet Corkonian friends) - Ballycotton
Day 4: Ballycotton - Kinsale (Passage East Ferry) - Ringaskiddy - Whitegate - Cloyne - Ballycotton
Day 5: Ballycotton - Midleton Station (Car @ Carpark & with the Commuter to) - Cork Ceannt Railwaystation (day guided by the Corkonian friends & back)
Day 6: Ballycotton - Dungarvan - Monavullagh Mtns - Comeragh Mtns (Nier Valley) - Clonmel - Carrick-On-Suir - Thomastown (via Knocktopher)
Day 7: Thomastown - New Ross (Famine shipp Pres. Kennedy Memorial) - Wexford - Enniscorthy - Graiguenamanagh - Thomastown
Dag 8: Thomastown - Carlow - Dublin Airport
Gr,
Jan

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 3:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Dag Jan,

Many thanks for sharing your itineraries! We appreciate your knowledge of our green island and so kindly sharing it with others on our Community forum. 😊

Have a lovely day,

Vera
Profile Picture
S V
Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 6:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Many thanks to everybody so helpful
1. there is so many things to watch in 12 days :) (we plan to leave Luxembourg the 7th of April and leave Ireland the 19th of April)
2. To be free, I thought to rent a car
3. I plan to bought a flight from Luxembourg to Ireland
4. My spirit always wants to go to Ireland. So I will focus on all on your ideas and try to do maximum of them
5. We like to walk, it seems we will be served :)
6. For recovery and vaccinated passport, do we need more to enter to the country and to places?
7. Is there some hotels with place to do musculation inside ... and sauna?
8. I think the best is to use to book car and hotel directly in Ireland, isn't it?
9. We do not drink alcohol even beer ;) Is there specific to taste?
Again thanks and thanks
Steff

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 7 Feb 2022 11:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hello Steff,

We're glad to hear our Community - and especially Jan - is helpful with planning your upcoming Ireland holiday. Let's see if we can help you with your follow-up questions.

Booking a flight and then renting a car is a great way to enjoy complete freedom to explore all of the Emerald Isle. On our website you can read about driving in Ireland, including a link to the Car Rental Council of Ireland. 

Self-driving combined with short hiking trips will ensure you will get to experience the most of our nature and landscapes. 

Accommodation you can also find on our website - if you scroll down you can adjust the filters depending on where you want to go and what kind of accommodation you would prefer. In the Luxury category you can find resorts with spa facilities - to treat your weary muscles after a day of hiking.

If you don't drink alcohol there is still plenty to enjoy in Ireland's hospitality sector - live music in pubs and a wonderful culinary scene offering traditional and modern gastronomy. 

Finally, for the current Covid travel requirements I would like to refer you to our Health Information page. Here you will find the latest government requirements. As these may change I would recommend you regularly check for updates until your date of departure. 

I hope this helps you in your preparation for a wonderful journey across our green island, Steff! Please do let us know if we can help you with more practical information or inspiration - we're very happy to share with you and everyone else on the Community forum.

Kind regards, have a lovely day,

Vera

Profile Picture
S V
Posted Mon 7 Feb 2022 8:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
thanks again to all
A lot of things to read :)
One first question : is it easy from Galway to go to Arran Isles?
Steff