Vaccine mandate?

Vaccine mandate?

Author
Posted Tue 1 Feb 2022 2:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Feb 2022 2:07 PM Visits: 1
Traveling to Kilkenny end of March beginning of April and was wondering if I needed to have been vaccinated? From what I understand it is no longer necessary as long as you have a negative PCR test. Just wanted to verify through other sources.

Thank you!!
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Feb 2022 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Eric,

It's good to hear that you are travelling to Ireland next month. I hope that you have a great time.

You do not need a COVID-19 test before arriving in Ireland if any of the following applies to you:

- You have an EU Digital COVID Certificate that shows you are fully vaccinated
- You have an EU Digital COVID Certificate that shows you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days
- You are aged 11 or under
- You have another acceptable proof that you are fully vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine, or that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days

If none of the above applies to you, you must have a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before your arrival in Ireland.

Please note that from today, February 1st, a new travel rule has come into effect which states that COVID-19 vaccine certificates for primary vaccination series will not be accepted for travel if more than 270 days (approx. 9 months) have passed since the final dose in the primary vaccine series. Vaccine certificates based on booster/additional doses are not time-limited.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Eoin