Questions on Covid tests, going to Belfast from Dublin

Questions on Covid tests, going to Belfast from Dublin

Author
Posted Wed 9 Feb 2022 12:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 15 Feb 2022 12:27 PM Visits: 627
Cheers!  We are excited to visit the Emerald Isle next month in March!  My family of five will be flying into Dublin from Boston and back.  During our stay we will be traveling to Belfast to take in some sights.  I have a few questions for recent travelers:
1) There seems to be a re-enterance requirement for the US where you need to get a Covid test before departure.  Does anyone know more about this or where to get said test?
2) We will be traveling by bus to Belfast from Dublin and back.  Any requirements I need to know while crossing over?  From what I can see all is the same and there is no border requirements which need to be done.
Thanks for the help!
Cathy S.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 9 Feb 2022 4:23 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:03 PM Visits: 661
Hi Cathy,

It's very exciting to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland in March.

With regards to your first query, you are correct in saying that all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel. There are many private companies in Ireland providing PRC tests where you can receive the document required to travel.

Secondly, if you are planning to travel to both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland during your trip, I would simply advise you to ensure that you meet the entry requirements for both countries.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Regards,
Eoin