Un Vax Travel

Un Vax Travel

Author
Posted Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 16 Feb 2022 7:41 PM Visits: 4
My mother and her husband are planning on finally heading to Ireland in April after having had to put it off since 2020.

I hope they have a good time. However, my mother and her husband aren't vaccinated (I know, I know... but she doesn't listen... moms...amirite?) and I mentioned the vaccine pass requirement for many locales and businesses.

She asked me to check because "that doesn't sound right". I did some checking and seem to be correct but a final confirmation and explanation for someone directly in the know would be helpful. So... what are the requirements for stubborn (so many other words, but she is my mother)  Americans traveling to Ireland this coming April.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 Feb 2022 3:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Bryant,

Thank you for reaching out with this question.

Like you, I do hope that your mother and her husband have a lovely trip to our shores and would be happy to help provide a bit of information to help make planning a bit easier.

Concerning needing a vaccination or recovery certificate to access indoor activities or hospitality, that was absolutely a travel requirement. As of January 22nd, however, this is no longer required for guests in the Republic of Ireland. There is currently no need to provide proof of vaccination or recovery to access local businesses, and you can learn more on the Citizen's Information website. 

The situation is continuing to evolve, however, and there may be changes to travel requirements before their trip in April. What I'd recommend is keeping an eye on our traveler health page to keep up to date with all the latest by following helpful links to the governments’ most recent guidelines.

I do hope this helps!

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 Feb 2022 4:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Thanks. 
Guess the only thing throwing her is the "international travel" requirement, but if a PCR test works I told her not to worry... or let me go, I have my shots... I need to see Ireland! 

She wasn't amused. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 Feb 2022 10:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:45 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Bryant, 

Just following up on your original post. Are your parents traveling from America? 

We would advise you to check out government guidelines for entering the country. 

Passengers traveling to Ireland must have: Accepted proof of vaccination, or proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the prior 6 months if they are not vaccinated as you have said. Please keep this in mind. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks, 
Cathaoir 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 Feb 2022 7:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
They are coming from America.

I tell them their best bet is to wait or... you know... get the vaccine. 

Shrug

Hope things are getting slightly back to normal there, thanks for your help and insight. 

Bryant