Travelling from RoI to NI

Travelling from RoI to NI

Author
Posted Fri 25 Feb 2022 9:51 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 28 Mar 2022 8:31 PM Visits: 1.7K
I know that the COVID protocols are ever changing I and want to clear some of them up.

I have read that if travelling from Rep. of Ireland to Northern Ireland for a day trip only, no negative test is needed and no PLF.  But I have also read where they are needed.  I am a little confused on this issue.  Can someone shed some light on this?
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Feb 2022 5:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 76.1K
Hello Shawn,

If you’re travelling to Northern Ireland from a country outside the Common Travel Area via the Republic of Ireland, and wish to travel into Northern Ireland for a day trip or short stay, you must follow any requirements that have been introduced for that country, including post arrival testing on day two for non vaccinated travelers.

It is also said that you should take a rapid lateral flow device test (LFD) and only travel if your test result is negative before you begin your journey to Northern Ireland

You can find more detailed information on this page

Best wishes,
Antoine