Confused a little here

Confused a little here

Author
Posted Fri 25 Feb 2022 10:02 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)I'm into this (221 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 28 Mar 2022 8:31 PM Visits: 1.7K
I went to the Traveler's Health page for this site and in the ROI link at the top in says those passengers arriving to ROI who have a valid proof of vaccination do not need to show additional PCR negative results.

However, when I read further down it says;
It is an offence to travel to Ireland from overseas without a pre-departure test result unless exempt. A passenger who travels without a test result or an exemption is required to take a PCR test within 36 hours following arrival.

Is the exemption a valid proof of vaccination?  Like I said, I'm confused.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Feb 2022 5:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
Hello Shawn,

It's great that you are planning a trip to Ireland and I'd love to help you further. 😊 

A valid proof of vaccination or of recent recovery is indeed an exemption to the testing requirement. If you are fully vaccinated or recently recovered (in the last 6 months), you won't have to show evidence of a pre-departure test.

Please note that you will also have to fill out a Passenger Locator Form

I hope this helps.
Antoine