Planning to have my vacation in Ireland

Planning to have my vacation in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 2 Mar 2022 5:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)Gaining Respect (187 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 5 Mar 2022 8:26 PM Visits: 23
Hi my name is kristen lucia 31, from new york. I'm planning to visit in Ireland and don't have any clue where to start my vacation or where to book in but my main target is Giant's causeway. I'm planning to be alone on my trip so I'll be able to enjoy my me time. However, I would still love to meet and have friends there. 

[Removed due to Community Guidelines]
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 3 Mar 2022 4:30 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:33 PM Visits: 660
Hi Kristen,

It's great to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland.

Given that you are planning a trip as a solo traveller, I would recommend that you check out this post for lots of useful information.

Our Things to Do page is also super beneficial for people looking for inspiration ahead of a trip to the island. Given that you are planning to visit the Giant's Causeway, this 6-day Causeway Coastal Route may be of interest to you.

I hope that this information will prove helpful to you.

Regards,
Eoin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Mar 2022 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hello Kristen,

It's great to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland and would like to include a visit to the Giant's Causeway.  It is a truly unique spot, not only because of the 40,000 basalt stone columns shaped like hexagons, but also for the amazing rock formations and strata stretching for miles along the cliff path at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean.  If you enjoy walking, I would urge you to hike along the cliff path after visiting the "stones" to see everything the UNESCO World Heritage Site has to offer.  If you do the walk from The Causeway to Dunseverick Castle (the remains of an ancient fortress) 4.5 miles along the cliff path, you are able to get the Rambler Bus (402) back to the visitor centre.  Should you like to meet up with a few other people for the experience, you could do one of the guided tours available such as Away a Wee Walk, Causeway Ramblings or Whiskey on the Rocks.  Just to let you know, it is advisable to book your ticket for the Giant's Causeway at least a day in advance.

Other popular attractions in the region are Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Distillery, Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, Rathlin Island, the many beaches and seaside towns as well as Game of Thrones film locations.  To find out more about how you could get the most out of your time here please take a look at our web site:  https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com 

If you get a chance to call into one of our Visitor Information Centres we would be happy to give you free maps and brochures for the area.
Anne