Travel by public transport

Travel by public transport

Author
Posted Sat 12 Mar 2022 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 31 Mar 2022 11:34 AM Visits: 210
Dear team,
I have about 5-6 days to travel from Dublin ( hotel is booked in Dublin for the whole stay in April) by public transport to go hiking and visit some of the mythic places around Dublin.
Can you advise me on spots to visit and routes to hike with easy access by public transport?
Thank you very much!
Best regards
Nicole

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 13 Mar 2022 12:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:56 PM Visits: 10.5K
Hi Nicole, 

How wonderful that you are going to visit us in Spring! 🌸
If you are looking for an easy way to travel around the Dublin area, we can recommend you the Go Dublin Pass. For the broader area of Dublin and East Ireland, I can suggest the Leap Card, which will bring you to the countryside, just outside the gates of our city. Under the 'View Timetable' tab, you can select your starting point and destination to find a Route number. 🚌

The Powerscourt House with its gardens, Trim Castle in County Meath and Glendalough, in the heart of our Wicklow Mountains, will let you dive into the legends and history of our green Isle. 🏰 If you would like to see the coast and enjoy the breeze of salty ocean, there are beautiful hiking places in and around Dalkey, Howth and Malahide.

I hope, you find this useful! 

Mit lieben Grüßen von der grünen Insel ☘️
Cindy

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 13 Mar 2022 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 31 Mar 2022 11:34 AM Visits: 210
THANK YOU very much, Cindy!
I really appreciate your quick support!
Best regards
Nicole

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)Community Expert (1.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:56 PM Visits: 10.5K
You're very welcome!
If you have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line, Nicole! 😊

Have a wonderful time in Ireland! ☘

Liebe Grüße
Cindy