Trains and buses

Trains and buses

Author
Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 6:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 14 Mar 2022 6:20 PM Visits: 253
I'm planning on a trip to Ireland in Sept. I'll be traveling alone, so I'd rather not rent a car. I'm thinking of arriving in Dublin, maybe going to Belfast, and heading west. Lishdoonvarna is on my list. I'll be staying about 2 weeks in total. Any suggestions on how to educate myself about train and bus travel in both the Republic and North? Thanks

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 7:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Terrence,

It's wonderful to hear that you're planning a visit to our shores!

The public transport system here in Ireland is very robust and comprehensive! It's absolutely possible to travel around our island without having to rent a vehicle. 

In fact, I'd recommend taking a peek at this article on our website that's all about travelling across Ireland using public transportation. It has some incredible advice and helpful resources. One of my favourites is Transport for Ireland, where you can put in your starting and ending location, and it'll plan out your transportation options - including different options by bus or by train. In addition, you may be interested in checking out Bus Éireann for more information about bus routes and other options. 

I do hope that this helps! 

Is there anywhere else that's caught your eye? I'd love to hear more about your plans for this upcoming visit! 

Warmly,
Rochelle