Disabled accommodation

Disabled accommodation

Author
Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 10:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 15 Mar 2022 6:13 PM Visits: 5
I am looking for bed and breakfast anywhere in Ireland with wheelchair access and a wet room. 
Preferably private B&B as opposed to self catering and hotels

Thanks
Sue McManus

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 15 Mar 2022 10:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Sue,

It is lovely to hear that you are looking to come over and see us on the island of Ireland.

It is very important to find the right place to stay to make it a most enjoyable experience. While there is plenty of information on Disabled Friendly Hotels and tour operators that have information on places to stay these are usually hotels and self-catering locations.

B&B Ireland has a lovely website that allows you to search by county and then has a filter system to find facilities for wheelchair users. This would probably be the best way to find somewhere that will best suit your needs, it may take a few phone calls but there is always somewhere to stay.

There is an accommodation search page on our website but there are only filters for a location and type of accommodation. Scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and apply the filters as required.

I hope this helps get you started. Maybe some of our other members or industry partners will be able to help out too.

Will you be coming by car?

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 15 Mar 2022 6:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 15 Mar 2022 6:13 PM Visits: 5
Hi Martin

Thank you for your response.  I will start researching the various options suggested by you. 

my husband and I have toured Ireland on several occasions but still have lots of places we want to see.
This year our friends want to come with us and it is them that need the disabled accommodations so I am looking for them.

Thanks again for your help.
Kind regards 

Sue

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 Mar 2022 10:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Sue,

How wonderful that you have been with us before and bringing your friends this time!

Hopefully, you can find something that will fit in with their needs as you travel around. Mobility is something that we all take for granted and we hope you all are able to enjoy the island.

There is another post here on the community about a Wheelchair Accessible trip that might be of interest while looking for attractions to visit.

We will be very interested to hear how you get on with your plans. Please let us know where you stay and any recommendations to help fellow travellers.

Best wishes,

Martin