Road trip with kids

Road trip with kids

Author
Posted Sat 19 Mar 2022 10:36 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 4 Apr 2022 7:45 PM Visits: 20
Hello,
I am planning our family trip to Ireland. It will be an 8-day road trip with two girls aged 7 and 12.
We would spend the first two days in Dublin.
I wonder if it's better to take a circular route from Dublin (Galway, Moher, Killarney NP, Ring of Kerry, Kilkenny, Wicklow, Dublin), or take an accommodation near Limerick and do the daily routes from there.
On the other hand, I would not like to spend too much time in the car and would like to be able to enjoy the scenery and the villages we visit. Maybe the route I thought of is too much. What do you think?
Thank you for your help.
Anna

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 20 Mar 2022 7:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Anna,

It's fantastic to hear that you're planning a family trip to the Emerald Isle! 💚

The round trip you're suggesting sounds wonderful. If you don't want to move around too much, a great option would be splitting it into three stops: Dublin, Galway area, and Ring of Kerry area. That way you can visit all the locations close each time, skip on so much traveling per day, and settle on your accommodation for three nights. ✔️

For Galway, you can either choose the city itself or a village, like Doolin. For Ring of Kerry, a good option would be Killarney

Since you're traveling with the girls, I recommend you take a look at this website, where you'll find fun activities and attractions to visit together. 😊

I hope this was helpful, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Have a lovely day,

Lucia ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 24 Mar 2022 4:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)Gaining Respect (179 reputation)
Hello Lucia,

thank you for your answer. I'm thinking about Northern Ireland... but in just 8 days we have no time to go everywhere. So, what do you think is better for a first tie in Ireland? The route I described? Or go first to the north, to de Giants Causeway, and then go south but not visit the Ring of Kerry?

There are so many things to see and do in the Emerald Isle and I am not sure about what to choose.

Another question I have is what is the best option to go from and to the airport to our hotel in Dublin (Camden Court Hotel).

Thank you,

Anna
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 25 Mar 2022 11:20 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hi Anna,

We understand how hard it must be to choose!

Both places are beautiful, with lots of culture and nature to see, so it would be hard to give you an answer to that question. You would probably spend more time in the countryside and little towns and villages in the south of Ireland, so if your family prefers this could be your preferred choice.

Also, if you are planning to use public transportation from Dublin Airport, you can take bus 16 from Terminal 1, and leave at stop 1285 (Camden Street Lower) which is just 2 minutes walking from your hotel. 

Wishing you a wonderful trip,

David
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Mar 2022 8:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hi David,

thank you for your answer.

Anna