Ferry from Belgium

Ferry from Belgium

Author
Posted Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 23 Apr 2022 5:29 PM Visits: 2
Hi everyone!

I was hoping to one day do a walking holiday in Ireland but since I'm trying to travel ecologically, I want to avoid flying. I'm from Belgium and I'm looking for a Ferry. The closest one seems to be Cherbourgh in France, but that is still multiple expensive long-distance trains away. Are there any non-commercial Ferry (like for lorries) that take on passengers? Or am I missing another route?

Best wishes,
Valentina
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 15 Apr 2022 1:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Valentina,

Thanks for your interesting and relevant eco-conscious question! I appreciate your care for our planet but also understand it can be tricky to arrange a sustainable trip to our green island. I hope I can help you with some information on how to make your journey as environmentally-friendly as possible! 

Walking is fantastic 'green' way to travel. On our website you can find lots of information about exploring Ireland on foot

In this article on sustainability we have compiled tips on eco-friendly journeys to the Emerald Isle in this article. 

Finally, on our Community forum you can find several questions and answers about sustainable travel to and around Ireland - there are lots of tips on how to lessen the impact on the environment while still enjoying a wonderful holiday. Some of our Community members might post further suggestions below your question here. 

I hope this is useful and that you can look forward to a trip with a low ecological footprint but high on beautiful impressions! If you have any more questions please feel free to post again - we'll be very happy to help you with practical Ireland information and inspiration. 

Kind regards,

Vera