Visit with my dog

Visit with my dog

Author
Posted Fri 15 Apr 2022 8:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Apr 2022 8:46 PM Visits: 2
🙋‍♀️. I’d like to travel the West Coast alone with my dog. I’m guessing it’s best to bring my own car on a ferry? Should I book accommodation before I arrive? Will the dog be welcome? Should I stay one night in each place or longer? Which places should not be missed?
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:15 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 18 Apr 2024 11:44 AM Visits: 621
Hi Penny,

Thank you for contacting us - we are really happy that you will come to Ireland! 😊

You said you want to visit the West Coast, so we definitely recommend that you take a look at our page dedicated to the Wild Atlantic Way.
How long to stop in each place depends a lot on how many days you stay and which places you like best, but on our site you will find all the information you need to plan your trip!

If it is possible for you to travel with your car, it is certainly the best way to take things at your own pace. The most flexible way to travel is always by car, especially if your dog comes with. Here are some tips on how to drive in Ireland. 🚗

We also advise you to book before arriving because it is safer anyway and you can make sure that the facilities accept dogs.
This page will help you find the most suitable dog-friendly accommodation! 🐕

Also take a look at this post from our Forum, with useful tips for those traveling with their dog on the island.
Lastly, you can find here all additional info about bringing pets to Ireland.

We hope this helps!
For any other questions, we are here.

See you soon. ☘️