I am looking for relatives in Ireland of my grandfather, Patrick Joseph Keogh (1897-1959), born in Dunshaughlin, County Meath, who emigrated to Ottawa, and then New York City. My mother's brother. Thomas Keogh (now deceased), and his wife Roseanne Keogh, visited my great aunt Aggie at 203 Swords Road, Whitehall, Dublin 9 in 1969 and met my mother and uncle's cousin, Thomas (son of Christopher Keogh) and his wife (Nora? Maura?) at the time. My mother's New York cousins, John and Anne ("Lily-Anne") O'Grady, visited my great aunt Aggie in Ireland with their parents Peter O'Grady and Matilda ("Tilly") Keogh O'Grady, and kept in touch, but are all now deceased and the Ireland family contact information lost. Any information or assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you.
[Redacted due to privacy reasons]
1. Does anyone know of any members of the family still living?
2. What would be the best way to trace living family members?
Parents: Thomas Keogh (born 1852/54) and Anne Dunne Keogh (birth year unknown)
- Jane (born 1885?), "Jenny"; trained as RN at St. Vincent's, Dublin, emigrated to Canada, last husband Gordon Elder; children Bernice Elder, Merlin Elder, Ross Elder (died at 4)
- Mary Anne (born 1887), "Molly"; married Jim O'Carroll, son Jim
- John (born 1890), emigrated to England and worked as a turf accountant
- Thomas (born 1892), left Ireland at age 15 for parts unknown, possibly Australia, possibly via a merchant ship
- Matilda (born 1891?), "Tilly"' emigrated to New York City, married Peter O'Grady, a plumber, and worked as a pastry chef in a big Manhattan hotel (the St. Regis?); children John and Anne ("Lilly-Anne") both now deceased
- Alice (born 1891?), stayed in Ireland, married James Brennan, daughter Nancy Brennan Kelly
- Christopher (born 1900?), stayed in Ireland, son Thomas
- Bridget Agnes (birth year unknown, although after 1901), "Aggie"; emigrated to New York City, retired in Ireland around age 70.