UK visa without BVIS stamp

UK visa without BVIS stamp

Author
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 12:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:19 AM Visits: 5
I am an Indian citizen. I have got a UK visa from Sweden. But the visa doesn't have a BVIS stamp which allows Indian nationals to travel to Ireland.  Can I still travel to Ireland ?Is there a way to obtain the BVIS stamp or Irish visa when we are in UK?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 12:29 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hello Najeeb,

It is great to hear you are thinking of visiting Ireland!

To be able to visit Ireland with a UK visa, the visa needs to be endorsed with the letters 'BIVS'. As your visa doesn't have them, it won't be enough for you to enter Ireland. Therefore, I recommend you to contact the UK embassy in Sweden and ask if there is a way to fix this. However, one of the conditions of this endorsement is that you must be living in India at the time of the application, which is why you might need to get a separate visa to visit Ireland. You can read more about the conditions for this visa here.

Hopefully you can get this solved in no time.

Best,

David.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 12:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:19 AM Visits: 5
Thanks for the reply, David. I think BVIS is out of the option but I just saw something called Short-Stay Visa Waiver Programme. Which says certain nationals can visit Ireland if they have a valid short visa for UK. And India is in the list, can I avail this option ?

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-visit-ireland/frequently-asked-questions/

Attachments
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 3:46 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:03 PM Visits: 661
Hi Najeeb,

Yes, I think from reading about the process, you may well be able to avail of this option. I would recommend that you contact the Irish Department of Justice for more information first before commencing the application process.

Regards,
Eoin