Private Driver for hire in Frosses?

Private Driver for hire in Frosses?

Author
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 10:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 5 May 2022 11:13 PM Visits: 6
Hello. I am hoping you might be able to help me or to offer suggestions as to our possible options. We have been planning this trip for 2 years...at all times making the assumption we would be able to easily rent a car. As it turns out, that is impossible. This is the itinerary we had planned but I think I am really looking for someone available for a few days that wouldn't mind going to some cemeteries, churches and past homes that once were in my family.  
MAY 30, 2022
Headstones at Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Ballybrollaghan, Frosses)
Photo stop at house in Ballymacahill (54.682188, -8.252156)
Headstones at Church of the Holy Redeemer (Drimarone, Letterbarra)
Letterfad Old School
Drinks at O’Neill’s
Check into Airbnb and make a late dinner
Lodgings: The Red Bridge Cottage | HMDYAKFFCN | Hill View House, Drumnasillagh, Glenties, Co. Donegal, Ireland (cottage is behind the house)
Photo stop at Glengesh Viewing Point
Silver Strand Beach (Malin Beg)
Slieve League, starting at the car park
“Secret” Largy Waterfall
 Donegal Castle
Wander around the town to take photos (Red Hugh O’Donnell Monument, Donegal Franciscan Abbey and Graveyard, etc.)
Dinner at The Old Castle Bar & Red Hugh’s Restaurant
Wednesday, June 1  Head for Donegal Airport
Any advice you could offer would be most welcome.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 May 2022 9:20 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Mary,

Thanks for taking the time to post your itinerary for your upcoming visit!

There are some chauffeur and private driver companies that may be able to help you with your plans. Donegal Coach Hire & Chauffeur Services, Donegal Tour Guide, and Donegal Chauffeur Travel are all based in County Donegal and well worth a call. 

County Donegal is a great place to visit with plenty to see and do so your choices of Slieve League and Malin Beg are excellent, you might want to add Fanad Lighthouse in there too! 

It sounds like you have quite a bit of ancestor tracing to do, have you been looking into your ancestry for long?

Martin