Taking my own car to Ireland from EU

Taking my own car to Ireland from EU

Author
Posted Wed 11 May 2022 3:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 11 May 2022 3:02 PM Visits: 1
Hi.
I know Ireland drives on the left and that my car from EU will have the steering wheel on the left. Have done it before just not here, so we should be fine.
I do have one question. Are there any restrictions to taking my own car to Ireland? Do we need any special papers. We will be there for about 8 days then move on to Scotland? So temporary visit.
Any info will be appreciated.
Mat

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 12 May 2022 1:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hello Mat,

How lovely that you have a road trip around the Emerald Isle to look forward to! I'm happy to share some resources with you that provide all the ins and outs about driving in Ireland. 

On our website you can read about driving in Ireland in general.

You can bring your own car without any special requirements for a holiday but I would recommend you bring the ownership and insurance papers with you. 

I hope this is helpful - if you need more information or inspiration for your upcoming Ireland holiday please let me know. Wishing you a wonderful roadtrip!

Kind regards,

Vera