Very Concerned

Very Concerned

Author
Posted Tue 17 May 2022 2:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 17 May 2022 2:15 AM Visits: 1
Hello!

My family and I leave for Ireland May 25th 2022 from the US and we are so excited!!! However I am now so stressed because I just realized my passport expires November, 15th 2022. I am seeing different information on how long your passport needs to be valid for to travel here. Please help!

Kristen
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 May 2022 3:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Kristen,

It's so exciting to hear that you and your family are planning a trip to our little island!

To learn more about Visa and Passport information I would encourage you to reach out to your local Embassy or Consulate, who would be best able to answer this question. I did take a peek at the Embassy of Ireland in America, and it looks like the advice is to update passports when they're about a year until expiration.

There may be more information for your situation, so I'd recommend using this link on the Embassy of Ireland's website to submit an enquiry on this subject. That should help answer questions you have. 

I do hope this helps!

~Rochelle