First time visitor in need of help ...

First time visitor in need of help ...

Author
Posted Mon 30 May 2022 3:15 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 31 May 2022 2:22 PM Visits: 30
Hello

My wife and I have just passed 60. Living in England we have never visited Ireland (shocking I know) but we're finally looking to visit May/June 2023.

We'd like to see as much of the Northern and Republic of Ireland as we can in 16-19 days at a reasonably leisurely pace not missing the key tourist sites - my wife is into history, we like good food and drink and want to sample the real Irish culture and heritage, so would possibly look for days out with local guides if that's recommended? Happy to mix accommodation between city and country, providing there is parking and it's accessible.

I would look to self drive and ferry, but I really don't know where to start trying to plan our own holiday.

Can anyone make some suggestions on itinerary and/or reading please, in need of your help :-)

Thank you,
Kevin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 30 May 2022 3:45 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 11:48 AM Visits: 669
Hi Kevin,

It's wonderful that you and your wife are planning a trip over to Ireland. I would be happy to help you out.

To start with, I would encourage you to check out this trip idea "Around Ireland in 12 days". This tour would take you right around the island and you would get to see a wide range of incredible sights in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For more inspiration on what to see and do when in Ireland, you can check out this page.

For more information on ferries, have a look at this page. You can learn more about renting a car in Ireland here. For general information and advice on traveling to Ireland, you can check out this Ultimate Guide.

I hope this information will be of use to you.

Regards,
Eoin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 9:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 31 May 2022 2:22 PM Visits: 30
Excellent, thanks Eoin. I have plenty of reading to start me off.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 1:21 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 11:48 AM Visits: 669
You're very welcome, Kevin. We're always here if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Eoin