Nothern Ireland

Nothern Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 30 May 2022 8:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 Jun 2022 1:59 PM Visits: 349
Good evening, my friend and I are planning a 3 day break to Northern Ireland in July. We have already planned to do the Game of Thrones Tour but we still have to think about what to do the rest of the days. One option is a Belfast's City Tour (opinions? ideas?) in one day, but we still have one more day to take advantage of. Any recommendations through the Northest area not especially touristy but reccomended by the locals? 
Any suggestions regarding the accomodation would also be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 10:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Beatriz!

It's great that you are planning a trip to Northern Ireland! 

You could indeed visit Belfast for an entire day. Here are a few suggestions to visit the city.

You could also take a day trip along the Causeway Coast and visit more Game of Thrones shooting locations or sites such as the Giant's Causeway or the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. If you'd like to go off the beaten track, I could recommend one or two of these villages or a hike to Cave Hill, for a stunning view of Belfast.

I hope this helps! Please let us know how your trip goes or if you need anything else. 😊

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 1 Jun 2022 1:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 25 Apr 2024 3:02 PM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Beatriz,

Good to hear from you!  

A road trip along the Causeway Coastal Route, heading north out of Belfast on the A2, offers plenty of inspiring, coastal scenery.  Along the way you will come across attractions that are good stop-off points such as the Norman Castle at Carrickfergus, Glenarm Castle and gardens and the quaint villages of Cushendall and Cushendun.  Torr Head, Fairhead and Murlough Bay are remote, beauitiful places.  Fairhead was the film location Dragonstone in Game of Thrones.  The nine Glens of Antrim offer beautiful countryside walks, the most famous of the Glens being Glenariff.  At the north-eastern corner is the picturesque town of Ballycastle with its marina, long sandy beach, craft shops, boat trips and great eating places.  

Ballycastle has lots of Tourism Northern Ireland approved B&B's.  There are a couple of hotels and hostels so it is a good place to search for accommodation.  

I am just wondering of you will have the use of a car when you are here?  If not, there are tours going out of Belfast that take in some of the main attractions in the Causeway Coast and Glens. To get here by public transport it would probably mean getting the train from Belfast to Coleraine and changing to the Causeway Rambler Bus (402) at the station to take in the coastline and attractions.  Should you want more information about the area, please take a look at our web site: https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com  

I hope you have fun planning your trip!
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 1 Jun 2022 1:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 Jun 2022 1:59 PM Visits: 349
Hello, thank you all for yor response.

We've already looked at the game of thrones tour and we'll probably do it for sure one day. We want to do the road trip along the Causeway Coastal Route, but we don't want to drive by ourselves so I'm looking at pre-arranged tours covering that route, preferably from Dublin, which is where we'll be staying.

Another question for locals, is the city of LondonDerry really worth visiting? I don't know if it would give us time to visit it but I don't want to leave anything important without visiting.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jun 2022 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Beatriz! 

It sounds like your plans are coming along nicely! 

There are a few tour companies who organize day tours along the Causeway Coast from Dublin, such as Paddywagon or Wild Rover Tours. Feel free to check them out.

The Walled City is certainly worth a visit if you are in the area or already exploring the Causeway Coast. We just happen to have a few suggestions right here.

I hope this helps!

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 8 Jun 2022 3:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)Industry Member (11.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 May 2024 8:35 AM Visits: 5.9K
Hey Beatriz,

Delighted to hear that you are planning a visit to the North during your visit next month. 

The Causeway Coast is a beautiful part of the country to explore. I would recommend visiting Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Ballintoy Harbour and Dunluce Castle as well as the Giants Causeway itself. However, if just doing this as a tour from Dublin you may be limited in what you can see. 

If you can fit it in, a visit to Derry~Londonderry is also a must. With a history that dates back to St Columba, there is so much to see and learn about in the Walled City. Take a walk on the city walls, explore the Peoples Gallery and visit the must see Derry Girls mural. 

Happy planning, and I hope you enjoy your visit to the Emerald Isle. 

Kind Regards 
Visit Derry