Trip to Ireland with car and dog!

Trip to Ireland with car and dog!

Author
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 9:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 Jun 2022 6:51 AM Visits: 4
Hello!
my name is Laura and I 'm from ITALY - I am planning to visit Ireland (next year) - I would be alone with my dog.
I would like to know first, which is the best period to come so that I can already take my days-off from work, and as I would have a limited period (10 days approx) what are the most suggested places/region to visit? I will rent a car or maybe, come with my own. 
I love nature and trekking so I aim to visit most of all natural sites.
Thanks

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 1:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 11 Sep 2023 2:08 PM Visits: 1.1K
Ciao Laura

You are going to love your trip to the island of Ireland!

Ireland enjoys a mild climate with average temperatures of around 50°F. Perfect for getting out and about! Rain or shine the island is beautiful, so just include a rain jacket, jumper and comfortable walking shoes alongside your other clothing items and you will be well-prepared.

If you are travelling with your dog may I suggest that you consider staying in ‘Pet Friendly’ B&B accommodation.  Bed and Breakfast homes also provide the ideal base for travelling solo with welcoming hosts, safe surroundings and a range of amenities on the doorstep of every B&B. You will also be able to meet other like-minded guests and share travel stories. B&B homes are also great value for money. 

Pet Friendly B&Bs

Below is some useful information on the different regions of Ireland to give you an insight on where you would like to visit.

Explore the regions of Ireland

B&B Ireland’s Bed and Breakfast Locator Map shows you where B&Bs are located on the island of Ireland. You can quickly find your B&B accommodation based on location or activity.

B&B Locator Map

I hope that the above information helps with planning your trip to our beautiful island. :)

Claire
B&B Ireland
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2022 4:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 13.9K
Ciao Laura!

I'm so glad you're planning to visit Ireland with your dog. 

Weather in Ireland can be rather unpredictable. From May until September, temperatures are milder and more pleasant, and the days are longer and brighter than the rest of the year, so this would be ideal for your trekking activities and outdoor trips with your furry friend. However, you always have to be prepared for a change in weather, that's why I recommend bringing layers (clothing), so you'll be Ireland weather-friendly!

As you mentioned to travel around the Ireland by car for 10 days, I would recommend checking our trip ideas page: you can filter and select the itinerary that fits you best based on your interests. You may consider many destinations for your trip such as County Clare, the Ring of Kerry, or County Wicklow just to name a few. Also, since you're going to drive around the island, take a look at our article about renting a car in Ireland: there are many tips and some useful links (at the bottom of the page, in "Car Rental Council", you'll find a list of rental companies). 

Lastly, since you're travelling with your dog, I suggest that you have a look at our website page about bringing pets to Ireland for the latest information.

If you're looking for further inspiration, please have a look at these useful threads in which visitors have planned to visit the island of Ireland with their own pets: Visit with my dogDog friendly beaches.

Se hai altre domande, mi trovi sempre qui. Puoi scrivermi anche in Italiano!