As electric cars are becoming more popular, it's time to debunk some myths about touring Ireland with a plug-in car.
- 🔌There is no charging station along the Wild Atlantic Way
FALSE - in recent years, the number of charging stations has increased all over the island. It's always best to plan your itinerary beforehand, ensuring you know the best location for you to charge your vehicle.
- 🗺️ There is plenty of resources to help you plan your itinerary
- Plenty of sites and apps offer maps listing all stations. They often have plenty of filters allowing you to search by plug type, providers...
Here is a couple you can check:PlugshareOpenChargeMapZapMap
- 🏁 I can rent an electric car in Ireland
- EV vehicles are an option with many car hire providers. You can easily find them by searching "EV vehicles hire in Ireland"
Our "driving in Ireland
" guide has plenty of tips to help further you plan your trip. Have a look!
Happy driving! ☘️