Highland Dance Competitions?

Highland Dance Competitions?

Author
Posted Thu 9 Jun 2022 5:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 9 Jun 2022 5:37 PM Visits: 1
I'll be travelling to Ireland from Canada this July with my 2 kids. They are active in highland dance and were interested in competing while we're there. I haven't had any luck finding competition listings online - does anyone have a link they could share? 
Thanks!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jun 2022 2:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Jenn,

It's so exciting to hear that you and your little dancers are planning to stop by for a visit!

I don't know of any dance competitions, in particular, that will be open in July. That said, there are still plenty of ways to get involved with Irish dance culture! There are dance studios and events across Ireland, that your daughters can participate in. Irish Dance at the Thatched Cottage is one such spot, where local experts in Irish dance offer demonstrations and classes. There's also The Irish Dance Party, a wonderful spot that encourages guests to show off their moves! Finally, the Irish Munnix Dance Workshops are a wonderful resource for anyone looking to learn more about traditional Irish dancing, and there are classes for advanced dancers as well.

There may be local dance competitions that I haven't found, but maybe one of these groups might have more information. If you'd like to reach out and contact them directly with this request, perhaps they might have a competition that your daughters could participate in?

I do wish you and your family the best of luck!

Warmly,
Rochelle