Halloween in Ireland

Halloween in Ireland

Author
Posted Sat 25 Jun 2022 6:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 26 Jun 2022 2:35 PM Visits: 5
Hi everyone! I wanted some advice on where to spend Halloween in Ireland. I was undecided between the Pùca Festival and Derry. As available days I will be able to move from 29 October to 1 November.

Could you tell me what is the best connection between Dublin and Derry?

If, on the other hand, I decide to go to the Pùca Festival, where would you recommend me to stay? Stay in several places depending on the event (between Trim, Slane and Drogheda) or stay in just one and move? (I travel by public transport).

I will have to decide before the end of July as it will be a gift, but I see that the Pùca Festival has not yet announced anything, usually when there are announcements?

Which of the two do you recommend?

Thanks!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Jun 2022 8:31 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Luigi,

It's great to hear that you are wanting to spend some time on the island during Halloween! 🎃 

There are many ways to get to Derry-Londonderry from Dublin with bus being quickest form of public transport. However, you do have many options and you can check them out on the Rome2Rio website.

It may be more beneficial for you to stay in one chosen area for the Púca Festival as there is plenty of public transport available between Drogheda, Trim and Slane but this is totally up to you! If you need some help in finding accommodation, have a look at the filtered section over on our website, it is about halfway down on this page.

We are unsure when dates will be announced for the Púca Festival but I would suggest keeping an eye on their official website, for when they do come through. It will most likely be around the end of October, with the Irish bank holiday being on the 31st of the month. In the mean time, as Derry-Londonderry have confirmed their dates for October 28th-31st, you can check out this page on 6 reasons why to visit Derry-Londonderry this Halloween. It might help with your decision-making, or make it more difficult! 😀 

Is it just Halloween festivities that you are interested in on the island, or is there more that you would like to explore? ☘️ 

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 8 Jul 2022 10:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)Industry Member (57 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Tyrone and Derry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 7 Feb 2023 12:55 PM Visits: 2.8K
Hi Luigi

Derry is the place to visit over Halloween- its the biggest and best Halloween Festival - for sure! 
The thing to remember is that Halloween developed and survived in rural Ireland long before our towns and cities even existed.
I have created and lead my Halloween Origins tour, a unique series of experiences that range out of Derry during the festival week. On this day tour culturally curious visitors explore a number of archaeological sites, ancient habitats and mysterious landscapes to discover why the Celtic festival of Halloween initially developed.
And of course my tour also helps explain how and why Halloween survived from pre history into the 21st century and now specifically flourishes in Derry and the North West of Ireland.
Further information on my Origins Tour will be published on derryhalloween.com in September.

Enjoy the Hidden Halloween
Martin (foyletrails.com)