Going from Schull to Cork airport

Going from Schull to Cork airport

Author
Posted Tue 28 Jun 2022 8:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Jun 2022 6:35 AM Visits: 434
Hi all, 
some friends of mine and I have lent a boat in Cork and will be traveling in the southwest of Ireland this summer :-)
The thing is I need to shorten my stay and they should drop me to Schull so that I can get a bus to Cork airport.  I tried to check bus availabilities with Eireann buses but it seems complicated to me. Does anyone know a place I can have more than one connexions to Cork/ideally Cork airport in a day at appx 100km from Cork and with access to the sea in the SW of Ireland?

Thank you in advance for your help
best
PikaM
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Jun 2022 8:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hi PikaM,

It's great that you are coming to the southwest of Ireland soon! 

A convenient way to go from Schull to Cork airport would be to take the bus Eireann 237 and then the 225/226 (connection in Bandon). Here is a page with more information about this route. Other similar options would be for instance Roscarberry or Baltimore.

You can also use the Transport for Ireland website to find out about possible routes and schedules. 

What have you got planned during your boat trip? That sounds really exciting!

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 30 Jun 2022 6:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Jun 2022 6:35 AM Visits: 434
Hi Antoine, thx for replying!! The link you sent 'transport for ireland' is great. I had already identified Eireann buses , the thing is the timing is too short .. 237 takes almost 3hrs to Cork; then I need to change bus station and if everything goes well I should arrive with the connexion at appx 11h45 in front of the airport, whereas my plane takes off at 13h20.. Kinda risky! I'll look if there's a cab company that could drive me to the airport or take the bus from Roscaberry or Baltimore, especially if the connexion is express!
for the sailing part, we're leaving Cork and sailing in the south west coast, then coming back; it's going to depend on the weather conditions.. our trip is organized those days. If you have any good plans, I'm all ears ;-)
thanks again for your help
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 30 Jun 2022 11:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
No problem, Pika! 

Ordering a cab for the last leg of your journey could be an option as well if you want to make sure to make it on time for your flight.

Your sailing trip sounds really exciting! Here are a few tips in West Cork as well as along the Southern Peninsulas for some more inspiration.

Best,
Antoine