Stay in Galway or Westport

Stay in Galway or Westport

Author
Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 5:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 18 Jul 2022 10:17 AM Visits: 15
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for a place to stay for a month or two, perhaps in the off season. I am Irish and a writer. I live in The Netherland. I am 70 years of age, healthy and young at heart. I have not got a high income but would be open to some kind offers. In return I would be glad to help you where possible. Thank you for now.
Attachments
Mary I Mc Mullen.jpg (196 views, 181.00 KB)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 8:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 76K
Hello Mary,

It's great that you are planning to spend some time on the island!

You can find all sorts of accommodations using this handy search tool, such as B&B's or holiday rentals for instance.

Another option would be to look at rental platforms (such as daft.ie) or check out Facebook groups and local message boards in Galway or Westport, since you are looking to stay here for one or two months.

I hope this helps! How would you like to spend your time in the west of Ireland?

Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 8:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 18 Jul 2022 10:17 AM Visits: 15
Hello Antoine,
Thank you for your reply. Well I would like to spend time writing. I am planning to bundle some short stories and poetry together. To be Ireland would be wonderful while doing this. Westport has a special place in my heart. The first time I visited I felt so at home even more than beautiful Dublin where I was born. There is a story about Westport that is shaping in my head. I love Galway, the atmosphere and the people is delightful. But the whole west coast is wonderful where I traveled with my children when they were small. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Everone was kind and helpful, right up to Donegal. 
When I lived in Ireland, most weekends I hitch hiked around Ireland, every weekend had a story. I have worked in Belfast and N. Ireland is beautiful. The people on both sides warm, deep and friendly.  Growing up in Dublin, I believe I was quite spoiled. The beaches and the surrounding mountains were always a treat to visit. 
Ireland to me is a place for the arts, a place you are never alone but can be if you want to be. There is always a helping hand. I want to spend my time meeting people, laughing, enjoying the wild Atlantic Way. I have been a Welfare Officer and would like to meet people envolved in this work. I love history and mithology and love to bring this into my writings. But most of all I want enjoy nature and  the sounds of Ireland and to enjoy my writing. With one or two planned visits to Dublin I should be busy enough. 
Thank you for the tips Antoine.

Mary