Prescriptions

Prescriptions

Author
Posted Sat 9 Jul 2022 12:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:14 PM Visits: 4
I've read several places that with respect to prescriptions that one should keep them in the original container AND have the prescription or doctor's letter.  The original container has a label on it that is essentially the prescription...what is meant by having the prescription or doctor's letter?  I inquired with my doctor and he was confused and that any of his patients that have travelled internationally have just had the original container and that's it.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Jul 2022 9:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Brian!

Thanks for checking this with us. ☘️ 

Our traveler health page provides some insight on this, stating that medicines should be carried in original, labeled containers with a prescription or doctor's letter so it is fine to assume that you will need your original medicine container with the prescription printed on it!

I hope this helps but please do get back in touch, if you're unsure of anything else! 😊  

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)Gaining Respect (178 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:14 PM Visits: 4
Thank you for the reply.  I'd suggest then that the site be updated to say 'medicines should be carried in original, labeled containers with THE prescription AFFIXED TO THE CONTAINER or doctor's letter'.  The way it's written it implies two separate things - the medicine in the original container AND a prescription/doctor's letter.