Pubs Countryside

Pubs Countryside

Author
Posted Thu 14 Jul 2022 7:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Jul 2022 5:35 PM Visits: 310
Hi y'all,

I went for a hike in Ireland on my own once. Got in a local pub in the countryside and enjoyed the jam session from the locals. Now I'm planning to go with my brother to Ireland for a few days, and I'd love to have the same experience: traditional Irish music by locals in a small pub with not to much tourists...

Does any of you can give me some recommendations, tips, locations, ...

Cheers,
Chris
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 15 Jul 2022 4:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi Chris,

It's great to hear that you are planning a trip to the island with your brother! ☘️ 

There is nothing better than sitting in a cozy pub listening to some live music. 🎶 Is there anywhere in particular that you are interested in visiting so that we can narrow down some spots for you?

As you know, traditional music is at the heart of Ireland and you can check out some of the great venues to listen to it here.

There is a whole host of pubs on the island, as I'm sure you know, but you can check out some of the more popular spots on this page! I know you mentioned you are looking for some that are not as 'touristy', but these areas are great to get you started and we can help you narrow down a selection from here. 😊 

Of course, you may be looking for a pub that's a little bit more quirky, and we have plenty of them around too!

The majority of pubs on the island have live music sessions, so you will never be stuck for choice! Do let us know if there's a particular area that you are interested in and we would love to help you out. 😀 

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 15 Jul 2022 5:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Jul 2022 5:35 PM Visits: 310
Hi Aimee,

Love your reaction, thanks!

We don't have a particular area in mind. But prefer the small authentic towns, with cozy pubs with locals, instead of tourist.
Also interested in those quirky ones :D

I'll take a stroll in the links you've send.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Chris