What to wear

What to wear

Author
Posted Sat 16 Jul 2022 3:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 13 Aug 2022 2:39 AM Visits: 24
Hello!

I'll be visiting Ireland the last week of August. So excited!!! Is it OK to wear yoga pants/athletic pants? I've seen some online articles that say no. I'll be spending time in Dublin and in the countryside.

I'd appreciate some suggestions for the best clothing options.

Thank you for your time!
Anna
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Jul 2022 7:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 6 hours ago Visits: 76K
Hello Anna,

It's great that you are coming over to see us next month! 💚

You can wear anything you want on the island of Ireland! In fact, the weather here changes often, so I usually recommend bringing different layers: a few tops, a light fleece or sweatshirt, a pair of shades and a rain jacket.

Here's a handy travel checklist with packing tips, as well as a video you might find useful.

I hope this helps! What have you got planned during your trip? 

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 13 Aug 2022 2:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 13 Aug 2022 2:39 AM Visits: 24
Hi Antoine,

This is very helpful - thanks for responding!

I have lots of exciting things planned! Since this is my first time, I'll be visiting plenty of popular sites, and I'm looking forward to seeing the stunning countryside.
And of course, eating will be a priority!😂 Any recommendations for a particular food or meal I should try? 
Also, I don't want to inadvertently offend anyone. Are there things you advise I do - and don't do - to help prevent that from happening?

Thank you for your time!
With regards,
Anna

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 13 Aug 2022 11:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Anna,

We're happy to hear you are excited about your upcoming trip and that you have been enjoying doing your research about places to visit. 

If you are a foodie you are in luck - Ireland is a great culinary destination with something to offer for every budget, traditional dishes and modern cuisine and fresh seafood in abundance.

We are quite sure you won't offend anyone if you travel with enthusiasm and curiosity - in fact we hope you will make many new friends! Let me start by introducing you to some of Ireland's artisanal food producers. Another great place to meet people is the traditional Irish pub. Food and music are often served alongside a hearty dose of friendly chat. 

I hope that this is helpful and that you are ready for many culinary and cosy encounters. Have a great trip and please let us know if we can help you with more information. 

Kind regards,

Vera