Park and ride

Park and ride

Author
Posted Fri 22 Jul 2022 6:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Jul 2022 6:22 PM Visits: 1
I am going to travel down in my car to Dublin from Bangor County Down. There is myself and two blue badge holders in the car who have walking disabilities. I was going to use the park and ride. I was considering using one quite close to the city.
Can you recommend one and price for the day day and also they have a a relevant blue badge card for the car is that allowed in Ireland and can we park somewhere close to a bus stop?

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 23 Jul 2022 10:11 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Paula,

It's great to hear that you are spending some time in the city! ☘️ Is there anything in particular that you are interested in seeing and doing while you are there?

A valid UK blue badge is accepted in Ireland as well so there is no need to apply for any other sort of permit, in this case. You can confirm this information the gov.uk website!

With a valid disabled parking permit, you can park in a designated on-street parking bay free of charge for an unlimited time, unless otherwise stated. Some local authorities also have lists of disabled parking spaces so it may be worthwhile to get in contact with the Dublin City Council for some further help with this!

There are several park and ride options for the Luas that you can avail of in the city including Balally and Cheeverstown with a maximum daily tariff of €2. 🚌 

I hope this helps with your query but please do get back in touch, should you need anything else!

Best,
Aimee