Fairies and Leprechauns

Fairies and Leprechauns

Author
Posted Sat 23 Jul 2022 7:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Jul 2022 5:59 PM Visits: 7
I am going to Ireland with my 4 and a half years old.
I would like to know if there are parks or other attractions about fairies, Leprechauns and other legends for kids in Republic of Ireland. We will go all around so it can be anywhere in Republic of Ireland.
Thanks in advance.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Jul 2022 9:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)Community Expert (99 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 25 Sep 2022 9:18 AM Visits: 2.8K
Hi Alexandra,

It's so nice to hear that you're coming to the island with your child and that you're looking for fun activities! 😊

The Leprechaun and Fairy Cavern in Carlingford is a great place for children where we can explore the cavern and learn about the leprechauns' legends. 

Besides, I could also recommend Knockma Hill in Galway which a nice location with a scenic walk. It is said that Finvarra, the fairy king of Connacht, holds court on the hill. 

Do you have some ideas of places you would like to visit? I'd be happy to help you. 

Have a nice day,
Sophie
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Jul 2022 2:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Jul 2022 5:59 PM Visits: 7
Hi,
Thanks a lot
We are doing a tour.
We are going to stay in Gorey, (Wicklow) Mullinavat, Kinsale, Burnfoot (Donegal) and Lissadell (Sligo).
If you have other ideas and suggestions. I will also be with my parents who are over 70 years old, so I need fun things to do and not too hard.
Kind regards.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Jul 2022 2:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
How exciting, Alexandra! I hope you'll have a wonderful time with your parents and your child. 😊

You'll find plenty of suggestions on our trip ideas and activities pages, depending on what they enjoy doing. You can pick various themes to match your parent's interests

I would personally recommend to visit heritage sites that are easily walkable : you can check them out on the Heritage Ireland website. Businesses that offer tours such as a salmon smokehouse, a distillery or even a crystal factory could also appeal to your parents, depending on what they like.

I hope this helps! Please get back to us when it's time to finalize your itinerary or if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Antoine