French Man in Ireland

French Man in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 27 Jul 2022 2:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 27 Jul 2022 3:32 PM Visits: 6
Hello to all my friends in Ireland!

Myself and my acquaintance "Whipit" will be in Ireland next month and could I dear ask a question about tradition and customs in Ireland.
I am proud of my handle bar moustache (which is popular in Paris), but would the Irish find such grooming acceptable, or will this draw unwanted attention, and be considered an "Extreme" Way to groom?

I hope I have not troubled the God Irish people with such a question.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 28 Jul 2022 7:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)Community Expert (8.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:23 PM Visits: 23.2K
Salut Jim!

It's great that you are coming over to see us soon!

Not to worry, there's no facial hair code on the island of Ireland! In fact, you might even get compliments for it. 😊 Moustaches were actually banned in Ireland during the 15th century and it is definitely not the case anymore.

What have you got planned during your time with us? 

A bientôt,
Antoine