I Want to Visit Ireland for the First Time

I Want to Visit Ireland for the First Time

Author
Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 4:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 24 Feb 2024 6:43 AM Visits: 261
Hi, My name is Noah. I live in Pretoria, South Africa, and would like to visit Ireland with my family. Do you have an idea of any charity shops in Ireland as I would like to shop for some stuff?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Noah,

It's great to hear that you are planning a visit to the Emerald Isle with your family! ☘️ 

Is there anywhere in particular that you are planning on visiting when on the island or specific items in which you are looking to find? It could help us narrow down your search, if so.

Here on the island, you will find plenty of charity shops raising funds for well-known charities and also for local causes too. Some of the main charity shops that you may come across would be Barnardos, who work to transform the lives of vulnerable children who are affected by adverse childhood experiences, and St Vincent de Paul's, who have a charity shop located in every county on the island! There is also Charity Retail Ireland, an umbrella group for charities who operate shops to fundraise for their causes and their website has a handy dropdown tool to find shops by both area and type. 🛍

I hope these help you get started with planning your trip and finding some locations for you but please get back in touch, should you need anything else! 😊 

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 5:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 2 Mar 2023 6:40 PM Visits: 96
Hi Noah, some of the Charity shops have their websites:

https://www.thriftify.ie/  
https://www.hopesupportcentre.ie/online-charity-shop/
https://www.enableireland.ie/get-involved/shop-with

It is always a good to support them, also it's is a bit of adventure as you don't know what you will find there, a little Irish surprise :)

I love them!

Noah you might be also interested in Car Boot Sales across Ireland, they are also a very good source of second hand stuff from Ireland but not only. By doing that  you support locals.

If you are looking for a very unique gift stuff from Ireland you can also check that online store.

Good  luck with your  shopping in charity  shops. You will be not disappointed. You will find there a very unique products too.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 9:15 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Some wonderful ideas there, thanks for these, Edyta!

Most towns, villages, and cities have plenty of charity shops and there are always bargains to be found.

Have you unearthed any interesting items during a visit to a car boot sale?