Help finding anctors

Help finding anctors

Author
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 4:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 9 Aug 2022 4:46 PM Visits: 59
All I know is my mom & dad are Irish my dad's last name is mccarty and mom's walker any help greatly appreciate 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 10:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Shannon,

It's always a joy to hear when someone has roots here on our island! We're so glad to welcome you to the Irish community.

Surnames are a wonderful place to start learning about where your ancestors may have hailed from! In fact, one of our amazing contributors has done a Family Crests series to offer more information about different surnames, their history, and where these names may have originated from. McCarthy, a close cousin of your McCarty, was among the names featured. You may also want to check out their entry in the House of Names. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem House of Names has a written record of Walker's connection to Ireland. 

Do you happen to have any more information to trace to specific individuals? Full names or dates of birth could be very helpful in learning more about your roots. I'd also suggest taking a look at some of the helpful resources listed here, like our Three Step Guide to learning about ancestry. 

I do hope this helps!

Warmly,
Rochelle