Sacred sites, Gailec chanting & work Exchange (Im a baker)

Sacred sites, Gailec chanting & work Exchange (Im a baker)

Author
Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 6:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 10 Aug 2022 11:21 PM Visits: 7
Hello, my name is Willow. I was born Rhonda Dwyer from the O'Dwyer Klan in Southern Ireland. I was born on my Great Grandfather's 100th birthday. His name was John O'Dwyer born Nov 1, 1862 I believe of the O'Dwyer's who migrated to America in the 1840's due to the potato famine. I would like to meet family I know lives in Ireland but I do not know exactly who they are. My 60th birthday is coming up and I have decided to get back to my ancestral roots and spend it in Ireland. My bday is Nov 1. I have lived on Ashrams and am curious about work exchange programs where I would be able to bake (I make cakes, cupcakes, danish etc...) and cook/clean. I chant the Gayatri daily and would like to learn some Gaelic chanting and visit sacred sites.

Can anyone advise me to places that I may be of service?
Namaste
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 11 Aug 2022 9:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Willow,

Thanks for joining us here with some lovely information about your ancestry and your wish to come and visit!

The O'Dwyer name is most popular down towards County Clare and Tipperary, so this may be a great area to look for family connections from way back when.

Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres. In 1864 civil registration was introduced in Ireland, which is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions, and deaths. These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland(GRO), through the Irish Genealogy website, to this day. 

We do have some information on retreats that may be of interest. There are various locations all around the island of Ireland to choose from.

With regards to Ashrams and maybe volunteer work, we would suggest that you contact Volunteer Ireland which specializes in this type of vocation.

Hopefully, this will get you started on your searches and itinerary for a time with us.

I'm sure our Industry partners and fellow members will have some advice also.

Martin