Dog friendly bars

Dog friendly bars

Author
Posted Fri 19 Aug 2022 12:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 19 Aug 2022 12:17 PM Visits: 1
We are visiting in September , Ennis, Dingle, Wexford and Tralee . We want to bring our little cockapoo dog . But want to make sure we can take dogs into pubs and bars ?
We have found some accommodation to be dog friendly but are the bars ?
Cheers
Clare
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Aug 2022 2:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Clare,

Oh, it's so exciting to hear that you're planning to bring your cockapoo along on this adventure!

Many guests want to bring their four-legged friends along with them on a trip to the Emerald Isle, and so one of our community members has looked into this inquiry some time ago. I am pleased to report, then, that legislation banning animals from entering pubs and other establishments has been repealed. That means that pubs are allowed to let pets into the main eating area, but not food preparation stations, at the discretion of the owner.

To find pet-friendly pubs, I'd suggest the wonderful resource of Bring Fido. It's a lovely website that lists establishments that allow pets. I've already filtered for Irish locations, so you should be able to find spots to bring your entire family - including the four-legged ones.

I do hope this helps!

Warmly,
Rochelle