Towing caravan up the west coast

Towing caravan up the west coast

Author
Posted Wed 24 Aug 2022 3:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 24 Aug 2022 3:02 PM Visits: 4
I'm thinking of planning a 2 week golfing trip up the west coast of Ireland next year. Its it possible to travel from the south all the way up the west coast to the north whilst towing a caravan? I'm not familiar with the roads in Ireland but suspect it would be difficult in places? I was curious if anyone had already made this trip? 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 Aug 2022 5:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Andy,

Golfing combined with caravan travel sound like just the ticket! What a wonderful idea for a trip along the Wild Atlantic Way of the island of Ireland. However, I hear your concern about our picturesque roads and I'll be happy to share some information that may help you plan your trip. 

On our Community forum you can find this useful post about caravanning around the Emerald Isle, including a link to an article that highlights the cultural and natural sights along your route. Our article about driving in Ireland may also provide some useful information, for instance a link to the Transport Infrastructure Ireland website. Even more information about caravanning you can find on our website, with recommended scenic camping spots where you can spend the night. 

I hope this helps in giving you a better idea of what travelling along our roads with your caravan will be like - and that you can look forward to a perfect caravanning and golfing getaway. Please let us know if you have any more questions - we'll be happy to share everything we know about the greens and lanes of our wee island.

Kind regards,

Vera