Traveling with medication

Traveling with medication

Author
Posted Tue 30 Aug 2022 7:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 30 Aug 2022 8:02 PM Visits: 12
I will be coming to Ireland and I take several pills that come in large bottles.  The meds are directly requested over the counter and prescribed meds.  Do I have to have them in the original bottles or can I bring just enough for the trip in a separate container.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 31 Aug 2022 12:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Jim, 

Thank you for reaching out to clarify this issue! 

Our Traveller Health Page might have some useful information to help with this issue. According to our best advice, prescription pills should be carried in their original, labeled containers with a prescription or doctor's letter. It is possible that if you speak with your doctor or pharmacy regarding your upcoming trip, they may offer either the doctor's note or a smaller prescription pill container for this visit, to make it easier to carry along. 

I do hope that this helps make planning your visit a bit easier! Do let us know if you need any help planning for this visit, or would just like to chat about your plans!

Warmly, 
Rochelle