Ireland in November

Ireland in November

Author
Posted Tue 30 Aug 2022 7:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 30 Aug 2022 7:42 PM Visits: 162
Hi there!

My partner and I were looking at travelling to Ireland for our Anniversary, and more specifically are looking at flights that have us in Ireland November 1 - 10. As far as what we want to see, we both love nature, so we would like to see plenty of the water, countryside, cliffs etc. We'd also like to see castles and other historical sites. We don't plan on spending too much time in Dublin, and wanted to check out places like Killarney, but have a pretty loose itinerary at this point.

We like the idea of missing the tourism season, but at the same time worry that certain attractions will be closed for the season. We did plan on renting a car for the trip so travelling around long distances should not be a problem.

We are both from a very rainy area of Canada, so a little rain doesn't scare us off, and we can dress accordingly. The main worry we have with going at this time is whether certain attractions will be completely closed at this point, or if the nature sites will be impossible to see due to fog/clouds and there won't be any view.

If anyone here could provide some insights or advice, that would be great! Especially with whether or not we should expect attractions to be closed down at this point or not.

Thanks for reading!
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 31 Aug 2022 12:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Alex,

It certainly sounds like you and your partner have an amazing adventure ahead of you! It'd be a pleasure to lend a helping hand in planning your anniversary trip. 

November is a wonderful time to visit! Autumn is cool here in Ireland, but because we're an island it tends to stay quite temperate. In fact, there's a weather guide right on our website full of tips about Ireland's seasons, which I do hope you find helpful. In addition, this article about Ireland being in season may help, as it is very true that there's something to see and do no matter the time of year!

There are also a number of trip ideas and options listed right on our website! A personal favourite is this list of cliffs and coves, which is perfect for someone looking to explore the great outdoors. The Cliffs of Moher is certainly one of the spots I'd recommend, and according to their website, they are open for guests in November. They also have a website that outlines the weather at the cliffs, so that you know the conditions a bit in advance. Planning for some flexibility in case it is a bit foggy would be wise, but the cliffs are beautiful on clear, crisp autumn days. 

There are a few castles listed on the trip ideas above, but there's nothing quite like staying in an Irish castle, which this article on luxury castle stays offers. 

I do hope this helps! If there's anything you'd like to see more of, please feel free to ask or just chat about your upcoming visit. 

Kindly,
Rochelle