Ringaskiddy to Cobh

Ringaskiddy to Cobh

Author
Posted Thu 15 Sep 2022 11:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 15 Sep 2022 11:03 PM Visits: 454
Hi :)

I posted something very similar (though to a different location) last week, but it looks like that probably won't work out (thank you very much for everyone's help!), so I'm looking at hopefully trying to get to Cobh instead.

As I said before I work for a conservation charity, but we sometimes do work on Brittany Ferries on one of the ships that crosses to Ringaskiddy. If we're on time the ship should get in at 11am on a Saturday (the next time I'll be onboard, the Saturdays will be 17th and 24th September - the only other time I'll be onboard will be 8th October), and people who work on the ship should hopefully be able to get off at about 11:30am/11:45am. Crew then need to be back onboard the ferry at 3pm.

I've just found out while typing this that they're running late, so on the 17th at least we will likely get into Ringaskiddy at 2pm (so crew should hopefully be able to get off at 2:30pm/2:45pm) and leave at 6pm (so crew need to be back on by 5pm/5:15pm). Hopefully for the other days we'll have caught up and be back on the normal schedule, but I'm not sure!

I was just wondering what the best way to get to Cobh from the ferry port is? (Crew aren't allowed to bring cars on the ferry, so we can't drive sadly)

Thank you so much again for your help, I really am very grateful!
Lauren
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:18 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:03 PM Visits: 661
Hi Lauren,

I would say that the information shared on your other thread still holds true, whether you are planning to travel to Blarney or Cobh. The safest bet would be to book private transportation in advance so that you can be sure of travel.

I would suggest that you contact some of the companies listed on your other thread and see if they will be able to provide suitable transportation.

Regards,
Eoin