Shuttle Service from Dublin to Shannon

Shuttle Service from Dublin to Shannon

Author
Posted Fri 16 Sep 2022 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 20 Sep 2022 11:31 PM Visits: 13
Hi there, I have three adults arriving in Dublin later this month. They are bringing home Grandma's ashes to be laid to rest. I need to find & book a reliable shuttle service from Dublin Airport to Shannon? Your advise would be greatly appreciated! thank-you in advance!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Sep 2022 6:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Cheryl,

Firstly, I wanted to truly say that I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. I do hope that, despite this somber reason for the visit, your group will find plenty of joy and happiness on this trip as well. 

I'd be happy to help find reliable transportation! One of my favourite resources is Transport for Ireland, which is an incredible site that lists methods of travel between two destinations in Ireland. I've inputted a route between Dublin Airport and Shannon city hall, and there are a few routes to choose from. There are a few stops and a bit of walking between bus terminals, but it is a very useful starting point.

Likewise, Rome2Rio is a very helpful website that you might find useful. I've searched for transportation between Dublin Airport and Shannon as well, and it looks like there is a route with just one stop in Limerick, with about a five-minute walk to the next bus terminal.

If you'd like more travel options, including chauffers or taxis, I'd recommend taking a peek at our website for information about getting around Ireland. You may also want to reach out to Dublin Airport about travel options, though they may not have an option for getting a shuttle directly to Shannon. 

Do any of these options work for you? If not, please feel free to reach out and let us know more about what your group may need.

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 17 Sep 2022 6:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 20 Sep 2022 11:31 PM Visits: 13

Hello Rochelle
Thank-you for your kind sentiment it is very thoughtful. 

My client is 82 years old and bringing his mother's ashes "home" with his 2 daughters. They will meet with some extended family in the Shannon area. It is my understanding that this will be my client's last journey home to Ireland as well. 

I really appreciate your detailed options I am confident that I will be able to secure a direct shuttle to and from Shannon. 
Thanks so much
Cheryl 

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 18 Sep 2022 7:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)Community Expert (8.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hello Cheryl,

This journey will certainly be an emotional one for your client.

As Rochelle kindly explained, there are a few options to book a bus from Dublin Airport to Limerick and transfer onto Shannon, or avail of chauffeur services if you'd like a faster and direct ride.

Please let us know how it goes. 😊

Antoine