Dublin Airport to Temple Bar

Dublin Airport to Temple Bar

Author
Posted Tue 20 Sep 2022 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Oct 2022 3:39 PM Visits: 26
What is the recommended but route service from the Airport to Temple Bar?  I'll be staying at Hard Rock Hotel.  I believe there are some direct 35 minute economical bus options to take?  And if there is not a Temple Bar Stop, is the bus stop close orwalkable to Hard Rock Hotel or how would I get there from the bus stop?  Thank you so much.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 20 Sep 2022 7:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 15 hours ago Visits: 4.8K
Hi Russ,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community!

I think that your most convenient course of action is indeed going to be to catch the Dublin Express bus from the airport directly to Temple Bar. The stop you'll need to get off at is Wellington Quay, stop 312 (whether for the general Temple Bar area and the Hard Rock Hotel). The journey takes about 35 minutes, and the bus stop is really right next to Temple Bar.

Alternatively, you can also look at the Aircoach Shuttle and get off at O'Connell Bridge. You'll have to add on a 10-minute walk from the bus stop to Temple Bar, however.

You'll find timetables and booking options on both the Dublin Express and Aircoach Shuttle websites, but you can also take a look at Transport for Ireland and Rome2Rio to get a further idea of timetables.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any help with your upcoming visit!

Best,

Alex

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 21 Sep 2022 7:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)Gaining Respect (180 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Oct 2022 3:39 PM Visits: 26
Thank you so much!  Is there something about.. or another option regarding "bus #87"?
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 21 Sep 2022 11:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hi Russ!

I personally couldn't find info on the line 87. Is it one of the shuttle busses operated by Dublin Express?

Although, another option would be to use the lines 41 or 16, which are both operated by Dublin Bus (the regular city busses that also stop at the airport). Another tip would be to purchase a Leap Visitor Card if you plan to explore Dublin using public transport. It's also valid for the aforementioned city busses from the airport.

I hope this helps and I have no doubt you'll manage to get to the city center. What have you got planned during your time in Dublin, if I may ask? 😊 

Cheers,
Antoine