Celtic Legacy Tour 2023

Celtic Legacy Tour 2023

Author
Posted Mon 10 Oct 2022 6:40 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 19 Oct 2022 11:15 AM Visits: 1.4K
Hello everyone!
My name is Manfred and first of all I would like to give my thanks to Tourism Ireland to point me to this Community.
Since my first visit back in 2008 I've been infected with the "Ireland-Virus". I just love this magic place and so, for my next visit in spring next year, I am planning something very special.
I will spend 2-3 months there and will be cycling all around Ireland (and Northern Ireland) to create a mini-series (documentation) about this country full of magic, mystic and music.
I studied archaeology and I was lucky that I could turn my hobbies (history and genealogy) into my profession. I am writing historical articles for our newspaper, I love taking pictures and listening to good music. So you will not be surprised when I tell you that I will focus myself and my documentation on Irish history, traditions, culture, nature and music and add some of my adventures that I will make and some people that I will meet during my trip. Many questions will arise while planning this trip and a good organisation will be essential to get the most out of it and to succeed, which means to make the best documentation about Ireland that I can make.
Maybe I am lucky enough that it will be broadcasted on German TV (and I would be a lucky man if it would also be on RTE...)  So, I do hope for many answers and hints from this Community. You can all become part of a wonderful project!
Tomorrow I will start teasing you with questions ;-)
Have a good night and thank you in advance!
Manfred

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Oct 2022 9:08 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 15 Apr 2024 4:38 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Manfred, 

Thanks for reaching out and joining the community. 

Your plans for your cycle trip sound amazing and it is great that you want to make it into a mini-series to showcase Ireland. You have come to the right place to ask questions and we will be happy to help out in any way we can. 

We look forward to hearing more! 

Cathaoir

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Oct 2022 1:02 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)I'm into this (223 reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 19 Oct 2022 11:15 AM Visits: 1.4K
Thank you for your reply, Cathaoir!
So here is my first question: Is there any bike shop or company in Dublin (where I will start my trip in March and finish it by the end of May) where I can rent a bike for a trip like mine, which means for a time span of about 11-12 weeks and if yes, how much would that cost? I only found offers for up to 2 weeks by now and the rates sound like if it could be cheaper to bring my own bike to Ireland (and back again).
Best wishes
Manfred
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Oct 2022 2:51 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your question.

I would recommend that you contact a number of bike rental companies in Dublin (Google should bring up plenty of results) and ask if they offer longer-term rentals. Then, maybe it would be an idea to compare these quotes to the cost of travelling over with your bike.

Here are some pages that you might find useful when it comes to cycling in Ireland:

- Getting Around Ireland
- Cycling in Ireland

Wishing you the best with your planning.

Regards,
Eoin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 13 Oct 2022 1:51 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)I'm into this (213 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Sep 2023 1:59 PM Visits: 63
Here's another page, maybe you find some answers: http://www.irishcycling.com/
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 Nov 2023 1:17 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
Great music waiting for tourists.