Storage Lockers in Kilkenny

Storage Lockers in Kilkenny

Author
Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 6:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 22 Oct 2022 12:08 AM Visits: 199
I'm planning our honeymoon to Ireland in March. During our trip we will be going down to Cork city to visit Blarney castle and Cobh. We are trying not to rent a car and would like to use the train to come down from Dublin to Cork but stop in Kilkenny and walk around. I saw that there are lockers at Kilkenny Castle but was not sure if we could leave our luggage there while we see more of the town before going? Or is there another locker storage area at the train station we can use? Thank you!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 23 Oct 2022 9:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:27 PM Visits: 76K
Hello Lisa,

It's wonderful that you will be spending your honeymoon on the Emerald Isle! 

There used to be a left luggage facility at Kilkenny Station, but I wasn't able to check whether it's still in operation. You could perhaps contact Irish Rail to find out. 

Locker facilities are indeed available on-site for large bags at Kilkenny Castle. Although I would also suggest asking them directly if it would be ok to leave your luggage for longer than you need to visit the castle.

Another option would be to spend an extra night in Dublin and make it a day trip to Kilkenny. Is it something you would consider?
That way you wouldn't have to worry about your luggage. Another thing to keep in mind is that the train from Dublin Heuston to Cork doesn't stop in Kilkenny (you would have to take the Waterford line from Dublin and then take a bus from Kilkenny to Cork). The Irish Rail website contains more information about the trains departing from Dublin.

Let us know what you think,

Cheers,
Antoine